Nominated for an Academy Award and winner of numerous international and domestic accolades, Joel Bergvall is a renowned Writer/Director with years of experience on feature films and commercial productions.
Hollywood, CA – 2002-present
- Directed BALLERZ, scripted comedy show for Converge, starring Shaquille O’Neal with pilot episode guest stars including Carmen Electra, Adrian Petersen and Justin Bieber.
- Adapting Manga Comic MR. GRIEVES for Seven Seas and Triumph Entertainment.
- Adapting CONAN THE BARBARIAN: TOWER OF THE ELEPHANT for Paradox Entertainment.
- Executive Producer for SHARK FIGHTS: THE COUNTDOWN, Mixed Martial Arts commercials and promotional package aired on HD Net, Dish Network, iN Demand and others.
- Adapted best selling British novel TUNNELS for Relativity Media (with Simon Sandquist), large scale fantasy adventure set to go into production 2011.
- Founded full-service production company Picture Lab Entertainment. Clients in fist year of operation include Electronic Arts (EA), The Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (ATAS), Showtime and CBS among others.
- Directed feature film POSSESSION (with Simon Sandquist) starring Sarah Michelle Gellar and Lee Pace for Spyglass/Vertigo/Yari Film Group.
- Attached to write and direct projects at various studios, including BOOKS OF MAGIC for Warner Brothers, THE IMAGINED for Fox, TRAP DOOR for New Line and FEAR ITSELF for Intermedia among others.
- Director, DP and editor for various TV projects for Showtime, CBS among others.
- Stockholm, Sweden – 1992-2002
- Feature, “The Invisible” (aka “Den Osynlige”, with Simon Sandquist) for Sonet Film. Picture has won numerous awards, English language remake was produced by Disney/Spyglass, directed by David Goyer.
- Theatrical short, “Victor”, nominated for an Academy Award (with Simon Sandquist).
- Lecturer on dramatic structure and storytelling, executive in charge of courses on cinematography and editing for clients including broadcast networks and universities.
- Field producer, DP and senior editor on assignments for European networks, with travels in Europe, Israel, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bosnia and Croatia among others.
- DP and senior editor on numerous music videos, documentaries, corporate productions and features, background as switcher and video engineer for live broadcasts.
- Kulturama Film School, Stockholm, Sweden – 16-mm major, 1991
- Södra Latins gymnasium, Stockholm, Sweden – Film & TV major, 1989-1991
Experienced Producer, Writer, Director, DP and Editor.
Please contact me for a list of referrals relevant to your needs.
Memberships and Associations
- Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Member since 1999.
- Writers Guild of America, west. Member since 2005.
- Directors Guild of America. Member since 2006.