Yes, the skull above is an award, one of the five bestowed upon The Invisible at Screamfest LA in 2004. The award itself is crafted by the late Stan Winston. To not only get to meet him, but to receive so many of his stunningly crafted statuettes was truly one of the greatest honors of my life. No offense, Academy. 🙂 Longer list of awards below:
The Invisible (Director, DP, Editor)
- Winner of Best Feature in international competition, Bend Film Festival, Oregon.
- Winner of 5 categories at Screamfest LA, including Cinematography, Editing & Best Feature.
- Special Jury Award, Best Directorial Debut, Cinequest, San Jose Film Festival, USA.
- Honorary mention in Audience Choice category at Flanders International Film Festival, Belgium.
- Winner of Audience Award at Neuchantel International Film Festival, Switzerland.
- Winner of Golden Tesa Film Roll, highest award in international competition at Hamburg Film Festival, Germany.
- 2nd prize in Digiawards, for achievement in digital excellence at Hamburg Film Festival, Germany.
- Selected finalist for Best Feature and Best European Feature in Hollywood Film Festival, USA.
NCC: We Care (Screenplay, DP, Editor, Sound editing/mix)
- Awarded in numerous categories at The Golden Slate Awards, Sweden’s highest award for corporate production:
- Winner, best cinematography
- Winner, best editing
- 2nd prize, best profile, corporate presentation
- Honorary nomination, best screenplay.
Tuning EMU (Editing, Sound editing/mix)
- Nomination, best educational production at The Golden Slate Awards, Sweden’s highest award for corporate production.
Victor (Producer, Director, Writer, DP, Editor)
- Nominated for an Academy Award in the category of best short film, live action.
- Winner of the Film Bird Award at Upsala International Short Film Festival, Sweden.
- The Heavenly tower (1997, Editing, Sound editing/mix)
- Winner of the Golden Antenna, Swedish televisions grand prix for best production of the year in any category.
The Transformation (DP, Editing, Sound editing/mix)
- Winner of both applicable categories at The Golden Slate Awards, Sweden’s highest award for corporate production:
- Golden Slate Grand Prix for best production
- Golden Slate for best documentary.
Four days, four lives (DP, Editing, Sound editing/mix)
- 3d prize, documentary category at The Golden Slate Awards, Sweden’s highest award for corporate production.